How to clean different types of oven hobsJuly 31, 2017
The basic process of oven self-cleaningOctober 30, 2017
Easy-cooked sweet BBQ ribs
Ribs can be quite delicious but often remain underappreciated, since they are somewhat tricky to cook. If you have ever been to a restaurant and ordered ribs, you might have had some delicious treat, or you could have a tough time forgetting how disappointing the ribs were.
Well, if you wish to experiment cooking this treat at home, you need to leave your fears behind. You have to be enthusiastic about it. This recipe features oven-baked ribs that will make you want more and more. As you cook them in the oven, you will not make a mess with the barbeque. Just place a baking sheet on the bottom of the oven to catch spills and mitigate oven cleaning effort.
- About 1.5 kg of pork ribs;
- ¾ cup brown sugar;
- 1 tbsp garlic powder;
- 1 tbsp paprika or pepper;
- 1 tsp salt;
- 2 cups BBQ sauce;
You are now ready to begin the cooking process:
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Peel off the membrane that is located on the bony side of the ribs. It should show as a clear film on the back, which is the reason why so many ribs are tough. It may give you a good fight, but it should peel off easily once you get it going. This step is particularly important, so make sure you don’t skip it!
- Mix the spices and the sugar.
- Apply the mix on the ribs. Rub on each side.
- Get two layers of foil and lay the ribs on them. Tightly roll and crimp the edges to seal them.
- Bake the ribs for about 2 hours or slightly more. Observe them and move them when the meat starts to shrink from the ends of the bone.
- Pull the ribs out of the foil.
- Heat a broiler pan.
- Cut the ribs into serving portions.
- Arrange them on a broiler pan with their bony side facing up.
- Brush on the sauce and broil until the sauce becomes bubbly. It shouldn’t take more than 1 or 2 minutes.
- Turn them over and brush the other side, repeating the same process.
There you have it – an easy recipe for sweet BBQ ribs that will make you wish for more!