Quick and Easy Oven RecipesJanuary 21, 2019
Want to make oven cleaning easier? Follow these steps!April 16, 2019
When it comes to cleaning, there is no enthusiastic glimmer in the eye of anyone. In fact, most people would gladly hand over the cleaning tools and equipment to someone else, if they could. One chore among all is particularly terrible for Britons, and that is oven cleaning.
There is something about oven cleaning that makes most UK residents frown with disgust. Surely doing chores is no fun, but according to several surveys, oven cleaning the leading role as the most hated one among them all.
And if you think about it, it is really not difficult to see why:
- It takes some time – if you have been neglecting this chore for a while, your oven is likely in a state of huge mess. You don’t have to be an expert on the matter to know that it is going to take you some time to restore your oven to its previous condition. Grease, burnt-on debris and stains will not go out without a fight. Even if you use very strong cleaning products, you will still need to invest some time in scrubbing and wiping the interior of the oven. It won’t be long before you start dreaming of how else you could have spent your time.
- It requires the use of potent cleaning solutions – to touch upon the previous point, cleaning a very dirty oven is going to take some specialised cleaning solutions. The thing with oven cleaners is that they come packed of chemicals and ingredients that you would rather keep away from yourself. To get most of the cleaning process, you will have to rely on many such detergents. That is also part of the reason why you might not want to deal with the task at all.
- It is going to take elbow grease – ovens get grimy in the worst possible way – with food debris, caked-on grease and an interior that often leaves you with a nasty feeling. Even when you don your cleaning gloves, you are still not going to like the process of removing all that gunk and greasy stains from the oven; hence it makes you feel bad just by thinking about it.
- You lack knowledge on how to do it – a lot of people hate to clean the oven simply because they don’t know how to address the task effectively. If you are in that same category, you will find it annoying having to check for the right cleaner, then follow the instructions and hope for the best. Some people don’t even know how to use the self-cleaning function of their ovens, which makes matters worse. Know this: the more you know about your oven and how to clean it, the less troubled you will be when the time comes to clean it.
- No knowledge of alternative cleaning methods – believe it or not, there are actually other ways to clean the oven, which don’t involve chemical cleaners. Of course, if you are unaware of the cleaning prowess of vinegar, baking soda and lemon, you will hardly be thrilled about oven cleaning in general. What you should keep in mind though is that such alternative solutions often make the cleaning task easier.
- You disregard oven cleaning services – one more thing that Britons often overlook is oven cleaning service. You can contact a cleaning company and have one of their experts come over to restore your oven to its as-new condition. If you forget this option, you will clearly need to deal with the job on your own.
If you are part of the Britons that hate oven cleaning, perhaps you can take a closer look at some of the reasons and change something about them. Maybe then you will be more willing to address the task.
© Specialist Oven Cleaners