How to keep your oven clean during cooking?April 28, 2017
5 important reasons to clean your ovenJune 23, 2017
Don’t worry if you experience oven cleaning problems – most people are like that. It just seems that most people don’t like the idea of dealing with the accumulated grease and grime inside the oven. It is not just because of the time it requires, but also because it is difficult.
However, one thing is certain – frequent oven cleaning is required in order to maintain the appliance in a healthy working condition. That is right – a messy oven is in fact problematic, as it is the only way to guarantee successfully cooked meals. Know that regular cleaning means the difference between a working oven and one that is in need of repair or replacement.
Here are few of the notable oven cleaning problems:
- Risk of fire – a dirty oven significantly increases the risk of fire. The main problem comes from grease and food spills on the oven floor or door. Basically, they will continue to burn every time you use the oven. The first telltale sign of this issue is smoke coming during cooking. It’s not rocket science to figure out that if there is smoke coming from your oven, something’s not right. Often times it is only the burnt on food residue that causes smoke, not an oven malfunction.
- Health issue – apart from being a fire hazard, built on residue is not healthy. The smoke coming from the oven can be detrimental to human health. That is especially the case with people suffering from respiratory conditions. If the oven is in a room that is not easily ventilated, all of that smoke will end up being inhaled.
- Reduced oven effectiveness – another issue of a dirty oven comes from the fact that baking and cooking times will increase. This means reduced effectiveness of the oven, thus more electricity consumption. Besides, the oven may not even reach the desired temperature, if too many spoils have built up on the inside. Keep an oven thermometer in the oven to keep taps on how well fares in reaching the desired temperature. It can serve as a warning sign your oven is in need of cleaning.
- Uneven cooking – a messy oven will often not cook the dish properly. It could lead to you having to rotate the dish inside during cooking time, which can disrupt the process. If you have to turn the meat, the heat vents in the oven are most probably blocked. Make sure that issue is not present, because under cooked meals are nobody’s favourite.
- Altered flavor – it is not a secret that a dirty oven will significantly alter the flavor of cooked food. This is especially the case with baked food. During cooking, all of the accumulated grime will create fumes that will seep into the dish. It might no longer be the case that a cake smells delicious and you don’t want that.
All of these oven cleaning problems associated to dirty oven should tell you that it needs to pay more attention to the cleaning. If you are struggling, you can always look to hire professional oven cleaners to help you.